Foster Parent Recruiter
Join Our Team, Join Our Family!
We offer a wide-range of rewarding positions which strive to assist and develop youth and families throughout New York State.
Be A Part of Our Mission
The Foster Parent Recruiter is responsible for recruiting and evaluating prospective Foster Parents in an assigned region. The goal is to find therapeutic and nurturing home environments for youth and to conduct ongoing trainings for foster parents. This position also provides supervision, oversight and consultation to foster parents to ensure their success with their youth.
How Can You Help
- Ability to develop and market events to attract and retain Foster Parents
- Capability to form therapeutic relationships with children and families
- Speaking publically in front of an audience
Essential Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in sales/marketing, business, human services or other related field, required
- Minimum one year of solid work experience required; Experience in human services, child welfare, and/or foster care preferred
- Ability to work with a culturally and economically diverse population
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle are required
- Travel required; 60% of time will be spent on local and regional travel
- Flexible schedule including night and weekend hours required
- Certified in MAPP/GPSII, CPR/First Aid, Caring For Our Own, Deciding Together and TCI within 6 mths
- Prior training experience in related field
- MS Office skills required
Berkshire Farm Center & Services for Youth (BFCSY) is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence through diversity. BFCSY takes affirmative actions as an equal opportunity employer to attract, promote, and retain the most fully qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions) sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgendered status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.